Legal basis for processing personal data
Where we obtain the corresponding data subjects’ consent for processing their personal data outside of the jurisdiction of the United States, we agree that art. 6 paragraph 1.a of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) shall serve as the legal basis.
Where we need to process personal data for the purposes of fulfilling a contract, and the data subject is party to the contract, art. 6 paragraph 1. b of the GDPR shall serve as the legal basis. This also applies to processing necessary to accommodate preparations for entering into a contract.
Where processing of personal data is necessary for our company to fulfil a legal obligation that is within the jurisdiction of GDPR, art. 6 paragraph 1.c of the GDPR shall serve as the legal basis.
Where processing of personal data is necessary for protecting the vital interests of the data subject, or those of another individual, art. 6 paragraph 1. d of the GDPR shall serve as the legal basis.
Where processing is necessary to protect our company’s or a third party’s legitimate interests, and such interests are not overridden by the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, art. 6 paragraph 1. f of the GDPR shall serves as the legal basis.
- What personal information we collect about you and why
- Our use of personal information for marketing purposes
- Disclosure of personal data to third parties
- Links to other websites
- Storage of your data and international transfers
- Data security
- How to contacts us
What personal information do we collect and why?
We may collect personal information from you (such as your name, address, telephone number, email address etc) when you complete registration or enquiry forms or send emails to us, so that we may provide you with the services and information which you request. Please do not submit your personal information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
If you login and browse any of Our content, we will use your personal information to provide you with the offering you select, (e.g. personalizing your services; sending you password reminders or notices about the relevant service offering being changed or suspended for emergency or routine maintenance).
We may also use the information you provide for our own internal statistical purposes.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Use of your personal information for marketing purposes
We may, with your agreement, give your personal information to other companies within our network, for the purposes of providing products and services you have requested from us and so that those group companies can provide you with information relating to services and further info we think may interest you, by letter, email or on your mobile device.
If you do not wish to receive this promotional material, you may opt out at any time by:
- notifying our designated data protection officer whose contact is as follows:
Designated name of Officer __Gabriela Matos-Mdz______________
Contact email firstname.lastname@example.org_____________
- sending an e-mail or writing to us telling us you do not wish to receive further promotional material; or
- using the “unsubscribe” process described in the promotional material.
Note: Subscribers located in Canada are mandated to follow the above referenced procedures should you wish to “opt out”. Company accepts no liability under Canada’s Anti Spam Legislation (CASL) or any other jurisdictions with Anti-Spam regulations.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We will not disclose any personal information you provide to us to any third party organization outside Redwoodscrypto.com, unless:
- we need to do so to provide you with the products or services you select, for example where we use service providers to provide certain services in support of the Site;
- we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it (for example if required by law or a court order);
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of the company, its customers, employees, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
- the information is only in the form of aggregated statistics about visitors to the Site in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes and which contain no personally identifiable information.
- ‘Session’ cookies – where they only last for the duration of your browser session and expire when you close it.
- ‘Remember Me’ cookies (aka “Persistent” cookies) – cookies that remain on your computer after you close your browser and computer to remember you when you return to the Site.
- obtain statistical information about your general internet usage and build up a profile of how you and others use the Site, and to improve our Site and deliver a better service to you;
- remember your session so that you can move from one page to another within the Site;
- store your preferences; and
- customize elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site for your preference and ease of use.
You can remove cookies from your Browser:
Most web browsers are set up to automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to use the full functionality of the Site and your user experience may be adversely affected. You can learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser.
A simple way of removing cookies is to go to the “Tools” option in your web browser and select “Settings”. To delete all cookies on your computer to date select “Clear Browsing History” and to set options for future cookies select “Cookies” and the options you wish to apply to your web browser.
- a) Our cookies
The majority of the cookies used on our Sites are used to record user preferences for repeat visitors and registered users. We use the following types of cookies on our Sites (please note that the exact cookies used on each Sites is dependent on the services provided): cookies-2017.png
If you have a concern about a particular cookie, please contact us. Please see the section ‘How to contact us’ below
- b) Third party cookies
Cookies are also set by third parties on the Site (such as Google Analytics, Google Maps and Google Ads).
We don’t have access to these cookies, we only allow them to be served. However, we may use the anonymized statistical information provided to us by Google Analytics arising from these third party cookies, for example, to monitor usage of the Site or improve the targeting of advertisements to users of the Site.
The third parties that generate these cookies and action tags have their own privacy policies describing how they use the information that they collect. More information about cookies placed by specific third parties and how to restrict or block their cookies can be accessed by following the link to their website and to generate an “opt-out” cookie that will stop any further cookies being written to your device.
Useful links to the various Google services for instructions on how to opt out are:
Apps downloaded to your mobile phone or tablet may rely on location based services, such as your GPS coordinates to inform you about local forecasts. You may turn off this function within your mobile settings.
Analytical data may be collected from Apps. This is anonymous data from the App in your handset to monitor and optimize features on the handset. This does not identify your handset or you.
Cookies are not used within Apps unless your browser is opened as part of the App. In this case, there may be cookies on the phone web browser.
Redwoodscrypto.com does not collect personal data unless you are required to provide your email, password, user name and address to receive any of our related subscriptions. This data is not given to any third parties and you will only be contacted for service updates.
Links to other websites
Storage of your data and international transfers
Information that you submit via the Site is sent to and stored on secure servers generally located in the United States and your information is processed in accordance with the data protection laws of the United States. However your information may be transferred to countries outside of United States, including NAFTA Treaty countries, CARICOM nations and further, in the European Economic Area (“EEA”). If we transfer your information either outside of the US and said information enters international servers we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or in secure filing systems.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us via the internet; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.